Extentia Group (the Company) and its subsidiaries provide an offering across the full spectrum of property support services to the built environment. The Company consists of multiple subsidiaries and offices operating under a central Group structure of Compliance and Governance to which this Policy applies.
The purpose of this Policy is to outline the management direction and support for Health and Safety in accordance with business requirements and relevant laws and regulations. This Policy is applicable to all the Company and its subsidiary employees and contractors working for or on behalf of the Company. It is also made available upon request to all interested parties such as clients, investors and suppliers.
The Company and its subsidiaries recognises that it has responsibilities for the health and safety of our workforce whilst at work and others who could be affected by our work activities.
All our personnel and persons working on behalf of the Company and its subsidiaries are made aware of their responsibilities and required to take all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety, health and welfare of our workforce and anyone else likely to be affected by the operation of our business.
The ultimate responsibility for health and safety rests with the Extentia Group CEO. All Directors will ensure health and safety is given suitable consideration and that board level decisions reflect the aims and objectives of the Policy.
The Company and its subsidiaries, ‘so far as is reasonably practicable’ commits, through our Health and Safety Policy to:
- Provide safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of work-related injury and ill health.
- Fulfil our legal and other applicable requirements
- Eliminate hazards and reduce occupational health and safety risks
- Continually improve our occupational health and safety management system
- Consult with, and encourage the participation of our staff on the planning and development of our occupational health and safety management system
This will be achieved by:
- Actively managing and supervising health and safety at work
- Providing leadership and adequate control of identified health and safety risks
- Ensuring that all workers are competent to do their work, and giving them appropriate information, instruction and training where necessary
- Provide sufficient first aid and welfare facilities for all
- Fully investigating any incident or accident in order to establish an effective corrective procedures
- Providing effective fire prevention and fire control procedures
- Providing adequate facilities for consultation at all levels
We also recognise:
- Our duty to co-operate and work with other employers and their workers, when they come onto our premises or sites to do work for us, to ensure the health and safety of everyone at work
To help achieve our objectives and ensure our employees recognise their duties under health and safety legislation whilst at work, we will remind them of their duty to take reasonable care for themselves and for others who might be affected by their activities. These duties are explained at induction which sets out their responsibilities and includes our specific health and safety rules.
This Policy provides a framework for the Health and Safety Objectives which have been defined within the Group Integrated Management System (IMS) Objectives Tracker by the Executive Leadership Team. These objectives support the continual improvement of the IMS and measurement of its effectiveness. Progress in relation to the performance against the Health and Safety objectives is reviewed regularly by the leadership team as part of the Management Review Meetings.
This Policy is communicated to all person(s) working for or on behalf of The Company, as part of induction training, is available to all employees via the IMS and is displayed in each office location to continually remind employees of the Company’s commitment to Health and Safety.
Name: Tony Lenehan
Title: Chief Executive Officer