GDM Partnership (The Company) are Building Service Design Consultants with a difference: we work to make the complex simple by applying smart thinking with technical expertise.
The purpose of this Policy is to outline the management direction and support for Health and Safety in accordance with business requirements and relevant laws and regulations. This Policy is applicable to all the Company and its employees and contractors working for or on behalf of the Company. It is also made available upon request to all interested parties such as clients, investors and suppliers.
The Company recognises that it has responsibilities for the health and safety of our workforce whilst at work and others who could be affected by our work activities.
All our personnel and persons working on behalf of the Company are made aware of their responsibilities and required to take all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety, health and welfare of our workforce and anyone else likely to be affected by the operation of our business.
The overall and final responsibility for health and safety rests with the Managing Director who is responsible for consulting employees and providing leadership for health and safety.
To ensure health and safety standards are maintained and improved, day to day responsibilities are allocated to the Health and Safety representative with the support of a third party for competent advice as required, who is responsible for:
- Accidents and first aid
- Work-related ill health
- Monitoring and reporting
- Emergency procedures
- Maintaining work-place equipment
- Information, instructions and adequate training
- Risk assessments, accident and ill-health investigation
- Continually improve our occupational health and safety management system
The Company ‘so far as is reasonably practicable’ commits, through our Health and Safety Policy to:
- Manage health and safety risk in our workplace
- Prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health
- Provide clear instructions, information, and adequate training, to ensure employees are competent to do their work
- Consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety
- Maintain safe and healthy working conditions
- Implement emergency procedures, including evacuation in case of fire or significant incident
- Fulfil our legal and other applicable requirements
This will be achieved by:
- Providing leadership and adequate control of identified health and safety risks
- Fully investigating any incident or accident in order to establish an effective corrective procedure
- Actively managing and supervising health and safety in our workplace
- Ensuring that all workers are competent to do their work, and giving them appropriate information, instruction and training where necessary
- Provide sufficient first aid and welfare facilities for all
- Providing effective fire prevention and fire control procedures
- Providing adequate facilities for consultation at all levels
We also expect our employees to;
- Co-operate with H&S Representative and Managers on health and safety matters;
- Take reasonable care of their own health and safety and for others who might be affected by their activities;
- Report all health and safety concerns to the H&S Representative
To help achieve our objectives and ensure our employees recognise their duties under health and safety legislation whilst at work, we will remind them of their duty to take reasonable care for themselves duties are explained at induction which sets out their responsibilities and includes our specific health and safety rules.
This Policy provides a framework for the Health and Safety Objectives which have been defined within the Integrated Management System (IMS) Objectives Tracker by the Senior Management Team. These objectives support the continual improvement of the IMS and measurement of its effectiveness. Progress in relation to the performance against the Health and Safety objectives is reviewed regularly by the leadership team as part of the Management Review Meetings.
This Policy is communicated to all person(s) working for or on behalf of The Company, as part of induction training, is available to all employees via the IMS and is displayed in each office location to continually remind employees of the Company’s commitment to Health and Safety.
Signed: David Moseby