- Old, historical building
- Refurbishment whilst the building was occupied
- Daikin VRV AC system with floor mounted encased FCU
- Fresh air ventilation (mixture of natural and mechanical)
- Suspended linear LED Stira light fittings from Phi Lighting
- High-speed data connectivity
- BRICK AWARD 2016: Best Refurbishment Project
- Wired Certified Gold 2016
The Loom, 14 Gowers Walk E1, London
Client: Helical Plc
Helical completed a major repositioning of The Loom in September 2016. The refurbishment included a new entrance and reception onto Gowers Walk, an onsite café/bar operated by cult brand Look Mum No Hands!, showers and a bike store.
Housed in one of London’s few remaining Victorian wool warehouses, The Loom has been reimagined for a bright future and provides 100,000 sq ft of modern workspace that befits one of London’s most diverse and vibrant neighbourhoods.
The building has achieved Wired Certified Gold, putting it in the top bracket in terms of broadband and telecoms infrastructure in the UK.