- Existing Building and façade
- Reduced natural light
- Low Floor to Ceiling heights
- Building connectivity and utilities distribution
Finalist BCO Awards 2013, RICS Awards 2013, AJ Retrofit Awards 2013, International Brick Awards 2013, NLAwards 2013 and BD Architect of the Year Award 2013.
Pentonville Road, London
Type: New Build
Client: Derwent London
Architect: Stiff & Trevillion
The site at 10-4 Pentonville Road sits on the busy Pentonville Road, part of the London Inner Ring Road. To the immediate west is 14-18 Pentonville Road, sister building to 2-12; constructed around the same time, to a similar design by the same architects.
- Office areas heated and cooled by heat-recovery VRF units within the ceiling void
- Heat recovery supply and extract ventilation systems to provide fresh air throughout
- All new systems designed in accordance with the BCO and CIBSE recommendations
- The EPC score for the refurbished building was excellent. The same EPC score of a newly constructed building, largely due to the MEP system design.
- New Electrical Substation provided
- LV Switch room within the basement of each building
- New electrical supplies: 25W/sq m allowance for incoming tenants