Morelands & Riverdale, Surrey
Type: Major Refurbishment
Client: Blackbottle Limited
This project appointment by Blackbottle involves the refurbishment of a 51,000 sq/ft Grade 1 listed Victorian Thames Water pumping station, located within Hampton, into a Grade B1 DNA/RNA research and laboratory space.
The proposed ‘Bio-Tech Hub’ will be an inspiring scientific community centre for research and technology for an array of innovative and leading businesses. The buildings are to be converted into a combination of laboratories, high end offices, a restaurant and general circulation and collaboration break-out areas, whilst maintaining the character and features of the existing listed buildings.
Our extensive and detailed proposed services scheme includes many innovative self contained inner structures created within the larger historic shells.
- Existing listed building and façade
- Complicated building structure coordination
- Reduced natural light
- Specialist DNA/RNA laboratory facilities
- Building connectivity and utilities distribution
- Current poor Utilities Infrastructure
- New estate highway construction