- Providing services within the listed buildings, including the coordination of routes and risers.
- Interface of services at the level changes between the existing and new buildings.
Images courtesy of http://www.buckleygrayyeoman.com/
Cromwell Place Galleries, South Kensington, London
Client: South Kensington Estates
Architect: Buckley Gray Yeoman
GDM are providing the building services design and sustainability assessments for this exciting project to locate new public art galleries just off Exhibition Road in South Kensington, London.
The project is to take 5 no. existing terrace properties currently being used for residential and office space and repurpose them into art galleries and exhibition space. The buildings were constructed in the mid-nineteenth century and are Grade II listed. Many elements are planned for restoration, with a number of later additions to be removed during the works, to restore the building’s original appearance.
A standalone gallery extension space shall also be constructed within the rear gardens of the existing properties, which shall also house the plant room and conditioned art storage areas. The proposed final gross internal floor area is approximately 5300m2, an increase of around 700m2 from the present GIA.
Mech System Solutions
- Natural ventilation within existing buildings
- Displacement ventilation within new build gallery.
- Heating and cooling via heat pumps.
Elec System Solutions
- Specialist LED gallery lighting
- LED lighting throughout