Castle Quay, Jersey
Architect: Axis Mason
The site is located within the Quay side area of St Helier, Jersey and consists of a land mark marina fronted mixed use residential and retail development. The development incorporates a collection of 430 prestige’s residential apartments and retail units at ground floor marina level.
Basement car parking is provided over 3 levels below the development to accommodate parking bays for each apartment, with additional spaces for the retail staff.
At marina level a large multifunction common area and management suite were constructed to facilitate public exhibitions such as music/theatre events and art displays.
- The distribution of primary services, sprinkler networks and HV cabling throughout the basement areas given the restricted head heights
- The marine environment and its associated impact on external product selection
- The noise limitation of the whole house ventilation systems and their coordination with the structural/architectural limitations within the apartments
- The incorporation of risers and central plant for the retail units, give that each unit was built on a shell basis with the end clients not being known at construction stage
- The lack of alternatives energy sources other than electric, resulting in high electrical impact on the local network