- Create a new and improved high quality office building
- Restore activity and interest to the ground floor of Great Eastern Street
- Announce the building with a new entrance
- Improve the streetscape with new retail frontage
- Make use of the courtyard as a communal area
- Utilize the basement
- Add floors to increase net lettable space re-clad with energy efficient system
- Upgrade incoming utilities and replace the M+E systems
Arnold House, London
Client: The Property Trust Group
Arnold House is a 1960s office building on the junction of Great Eastern Street and extends to 55,000 sq ft over basement, ground and four upper floors.
The building is characterized as an ‘Ugly duckling’ at the moment being dilapidated, outdated and poorly maintained. Being a solid piece of architecture the existing structure offers a number of potentials that through development will transform this building into a prominent architectural element in it’s context.
The site is located at the corner of Great Eastern Street and Holywell Lane in South Shoreditch, a prime location in the middle of the fast-growing ‘Tech City’, the third-largest technology cluster in the world.
The proposal increases the total GIA by 30,000 sq.ft
The project was tendered in February 2016 with an 18 month construction programme.