55 Moorgate, London
55 Moorgate, built in 1990, is a 66,500 sq ft freehold office building located between Moorgate and Coleman Street, two minutes’ walk south of Moorgate station.
The office floorplates, each approximately 10,000 sqft and arranged over ground and five upper floors, are regular in configuration and benefit from light on three sides and an attractive westerly aspect over Girdlers’ Gardens.
- Create a new and improved high quality office building
- Add ground floor cut through to Coleman Street
- Add two floors to increase net lettable area
- Re-clad the building with more contemporary and energy efficient system
- Modify and replace all M+E systems to free plant and riser space and provide more energy efficient systems
The scheme is targeting ‘Excellent’ under BREEAM Refurbishment 2014 and initial BREEAM estimations estimate this is achievable.