- Due to the grade 2 listing of the building, many original and existing features had to be retained. Subsequently, the new services had to be carefully designed around the retained elements to ensure the installation was sensitive to the period features.
- There was limited plant space on the roof, which required careful design of systems to ensure they were accurately sized.
- Access could not be provided to the new ceiling voids, so all fan coil units had to be positioned in low level joinery/furniture whilst maintaining the architectural requirements of the space.
4 Stratford Place, London
Full refurbishment of existing 5 storey, grade 2 listed building in Central London. The building comprises basement and four upper floors. The building was previously used as a multi tenanted office and has been entirely refurbished by Unigestion to provide them with a modern London headquarters to the highest standards and quality.
- Variable Refrigerant Flow heating and cooling systems with perimeter fan coil units positioned under windows and in joinery.
- Central supply mechanical ventilation from roof top Air handling unit.
- Hot water provided by direct gas fired unit in the basement.
- New high efficiency LED lighting throughout
- High end Video Conference rooms and AV systems
- New structured cabling design throughout
- Resilient power supplies to critical equipment
- New lift design to suit existing shaft
- New LV and data distribution throughout
- Due to the listed nature of the building, opportunity for LZC technologies was limited. However, it was identified that the heating to the building could be provided by a high efficiency air source heat pump.