Key Building Services Challenges:
- Modification of existing Cat B installation
- Fully occupied Building during works
- Procurement and Design of MER Room
- Restrictive Landlord Practices for working
- Restrictive working hours
- Mix of Cellularised and open plan spaces
- Acoustic constrains for services installation
16 Old Bailey, London
Client: Andrews Kurth Attorneys LLP
Andrews Kurth , recognised as one of the Top 5 Law Firms worldwide have recently moved into (part) Level 4 of No. 16 Old Bailey. The building was fully occupied across 6 floors whilst the works were undertaken. The company, founded in 1902 took space totalling 7,000sq ft.
The project comprised of works to Level 4 to convert the recently vacated office space to a CAT B fit-out. Services were mainly relocated and supplemented where required. The space was a combination of mainly cellular and open plan with a small break-out and tea point area.
In addition to the main services design We were responsible for the IT Management and Implementation to facilitate the installation of the MER room as well as all field wiring and remote connectivity. The project was completed on time and budget enabling the client to take occupation against their programme.
We worked closely with Gensler whom were acting as the Lead Consultant for the project.